Friday, December 5, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness

I know that I'm a little late on a Thanksgiving post. But I am endeavoring to practice thankfulness on a regular basis. There's so much negavite news that's bidding for my attention and quite frankly, it can be depressing if you let it be. I am a realist by nature. I don't like to look at things through a naive fairytale lense, so therefore I need to be pretty intentional about looking for the good in things. This is so helpful and gives me a lot more peace in life.

I'm thankful for:
- the blood of Jesus that forgave my sin, washed me clean, and broke my addiction
- my wife: beautiful, godly, childlike faith, joyful, prayerful, incredible mommy
- Hailey: intelligent, funny, inquisitive, large 2 year old vocabulary, compassionate, creative
- Emma: bouncy, giggly, smiley, daddy's girl, cling-on, escape artist, explorer
- Baby: growing each day in mommy's tummy, I like to watch the baby grow
- my job: I love preaching Jesus, encouraging people, teaching the Bible, sharing Jesus with those who need Him, seeing miracles
- friends
- extended family
- God's manifest presence
- my new house

The list could go on. I'm blessed! You're blessed. Take some time to thank God for the good things that you have been blessed with!

No comments: