Sunday, November 2, 2008

Size of youth center equals couple's commitment




I want to give props to my heroes, mentors, and forerunners: Pastors Russ and Kim Babcock. The Everett Herald just did an awesome article, in the Faith Section, on their lives of faithfulness in youth ministry and our new youth facility at Sonrise Chapel. They are real people who are madly in love with Jesus. They have a solid family and are just amazing people! It's so funny in a way to see them in the paper, because they are the last people you would think of to pursue P.R. or being on the front of anything. I love that! They have lifted Jesus with their lives, even through really hard times. They've been an example of integrity and they are so quick to point people to Jesus, giving God all the glory! We're so blessed to have them at our church and I'm blessed to serve with them in youth ministry. My wife and I are blessed to call them friends. My oldest daughter is crazy about them too.

Go check out the article or try and pick-up yesterday's Herald (Saturday, Nov. 1):
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20081101/NEWS01/711019880&SearchID=73334823147440

1 comment:

Andrew Michels said...

you know, my father is the one who contacted the Herald and told them they should do a story on Russ and Kim. Not a big deal, I just thought you should know! :-)