Friday, December 19, 2008

Honor the King

It's crazy to me how much people have disrespected the leadership of our nation. I'm not excited about a lot of the promises that Obama has made concerning policy, but I am going to honor him. I'll continue to fight against ideologies and policies that dishonor God and bring about destruction, but I can do that and keep my honor for our leader intact (at least that's my goal).

It goes without saying that a lot of people have a hatred for President Bush and in a lot of circles it's "cool" to dishonor him. The Bible says in 1 Peter 2:17
"Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king."

Well, most people have probably seen the clip or heard the story about the Iraqi reporter that threw his shoes at President Bush on his farewell trip to Iraq. Two of the articles stated that in Arab culture, throwing your shoes at someone is a sign of great contempt. Thanks reporter obvious, what culture is it an honor to be screamed at and have two shoes hurled at your head? Now to make things totally absurd, people made an on-line video game where you to can throw shoes at President Bush. I'm urging you, show your president some respect and don't go throw cyber shoes at his head. Be counter-culture and open minded, show some honor to the king.

No comments: