Thursday, January 15, 2009

Daddy's Girls

I learn things all the time from my two little girls. They're amazing. I never knew that I would love having girls so much. I'm crazy about them. I laugh and smile so much now that they are in my life.

Tonight my one year old, Emma, had her mommy put a wool cap on her head. The moment it went on her head she looked to me with this little inquisitive expression that was patiently waiting for daddy's affirmation. I said with a big smile and a hi-pitched voice, "Emma you look so beautiful." She smiles back at me and then goes back to playing with mommy. Then she does it again and again. She takes off the hat, has mommy put it back on, and looks right to daddy for another praise. My oldest daughter has been doing this probably since she was one year old as well. Each time Hailey, my oldest puts on a new shirt or dress, she comes out with a big smile and a silent stare, to wait to hear those words, "You look beautiful," from daddy.

Life is amazing with little ones. God is so good to bless me with them. I wonder what would happen to all the little girls if someone told them with a pure heart that they were beautiful, that they were valuable, that they mattered, and that they had a destiny. I learn a lot about God's love being a daddy?

No comments: